Reading Parts B and C – careful reading and interpretation
Part B consist of extracts from policy documents, hospital guidelines, manuals or internal communications, such as email or memos. For each text, there is one three-option multiple-choice question.
Part C consists of two texts on a topic of interest to healthcare professionals (800 words each). For each text, you must answer eight four-option multiple choice questions.
Part B & C last a strict 45 minutes.
Kinds of questions and language skills tested:
- Gist and broader meaning – overall meaning of text
- Inference – natural conclusion that can be reached based on the information given
- (Part C) Opinion & Attitude – understanding the writer’s opinion or attitude, based on the language
- Call-to-action – understand what the reader must do based on the information in the text
- (Part C) Grammatical structure and idioms
Instructions & tips:
- Click the “Materials” tab.
- Download and print the test. Complete the task under timed conditions. This is good practice if you are doing a paper-based test.
- Check your Answers after completion.
- Use the “Post a Comment” section to ask your tutor questions about answers, approach to the subtest, or any other questions.