The information on this website is provided for informational purposes, and is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees or warrantee of any kind. The information is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed to be so. By using this website, the associated websites, and the email newsletters associated with this website, you agree to hold the author and the company Banfield´s Professional Medical English harmless for any actions you take based on the information presented and the results of those actions.
2. How this Policy Applies
This policy describes the information we collect, how we use that information, and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether we share that information, how we share that information, and your rights regarding the information you provide us.
3. What information Do We Collect?
- In order to create an account for you, and for you to use our services, we collect and process certain information, depending on your use of services. This information may include:
- Your full name, phone number, mailing address, telephone number, email address, login credentials, and password details. You provide us this information when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form on our site, make a purchase, or request any information if you contact us.
- If you choose to purchase a product from us, we (or our third-party payment processors) collect your payment information. We do not store your payment information in our system, apart from the last four digits of your account, credit card or debit card (as applicable), expiration date, and billing address.
- Information about your activity on and interaction with our site (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site)
- Information about the way people visit and interact with our site, in the form of traffic analytics.
- Communications you send to us, (such as requests for customer support or technical questions or comments you send us regarding our content that read, viewed or listened to.)
- Information you submit to us in the form of blog comments, contributions to discussions, or posts or messages to other users on our website.
4. How We Use This Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (to present you with more content on the website and via email related to your interests, and less content that doesn’t meet your interests)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions.
- To send periodic emails.
5. How This Information Is Shared
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to others without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service you have requested. We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available to us, such as comments you post on our blog pages, will be available to others. If you remove or request to remove information that you have made public on our site, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our site, of if other users have copied or saved information.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service you have requested.
We connect with with Third parties to provide services were you can read their Data Protection Policies.
6. Information Shared with Trusted Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7. Third-Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services, or share links to third parties on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. These links may involve us receiving financial compensation if you buy something after clicking the link. We only reference third-party resources we strongly recommend. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your web browser that allows BPME or a third party to recognise you. Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your preferences; and (4) to enable ad delivery and behavioural advertising.
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years. Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting are sometimes called “first party cookies,” while cookies placed by other companies are sometimes called “third party cookies.”
When you visit Banfield´s Professional Medical English webpage, BPME or a third party may place a number of cookies in your browser
Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies will always be used. Each cookie serves one of three different purposes:
- Preference Cookies -These cookies track information about how the website is being used so that we can make improvements and report our performance. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Analytics cookies may either be first party cookies or third party cookies.
- Analytics Cookies – These first party cookies store your preferences, such as: Language preference or Country / Region
- Ad targeting Cookies – These third party cookies are placed by advertising platforms or networks in order to:
- Deliver ads and track ad performance
- Enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising)
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under “Settings” or “Preferences”) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Services may not function properly.
Finally, we use local storage to facilitate certain functions, but we do not retain the data captured via local storage.
9. Marketing Communications
We try to keep marketing communications to a minimum, and to give you the ability to opt in to any communications we send. We also at anytime give you the opportunity to opt out of our email communications by 1) clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of all our email communications; or 2) contacting us at info (at) promedicalenglish.com with a request to opt out of email communications.
Some communications we send are considered transactions (such as the delivery of a product you purchase from us). These communications are part of our contractual obligation, and if you wish to not receive these emails, you must cancel your product or service.
We will retain your information if your account is active, or the information is necessary to be retained as set forth in this policy. We also will retain and use this information to the extent it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations.
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails (as explained above), cookies (as explained above) and collection of your data by certain analytics providers.
You may update, view or delete your account and personal data at any time. You also may contact us at info (at) promedicalenglish.com for your individual rights requests about your personal data.
To request access to your personal data that we collect or to update your personal data that we collect, or to terminate and delete your account, contact us at info (at) promedicalenglish.com
If you have any issues terminating your account, or accessing and updating your personal data, please contact us at info (at) promedicalenglish.com at any time.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union citizens.
If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of our site or services or products is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of the regulation. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; portability of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.”
To make any of these requests, please review the section above on Your Rights or contact our GDPR contact at info (at) promedicalenglish.com.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order, or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive or credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database. This information is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, that are required to keep the information confidential.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
How to Contact Us
Banfield´s Professional Medical English
Telefon: +49 4454 968 8083
firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com