(Last updated 30.6.2022. Topic: Refund policy and processing fees)
1. You agree that the Site itself, as well as all content, videos, training materials, products, services and/or other materials, made available on the Site by us or other third parties, as well as the look and feel of all of the foregoing, (collectively referred to as the “Content”) are maintained for your personal use and information by Banfield´s Professional Medical English, (the “Company”) and are the property of the Company and/or its third-party providers.
The Company respects the copyright, trademark and all other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being violated and/or that any work belonging to you has been reproduced on the Site or in any Content in any way, you may notify Company at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions For Clients
BPME website / the website = https://www.promedicalenglish.com/
Class = an individual appointment with a tutor
Client = person/s purchasing the provider products
Online product = 100% online courses on the website
Private course / private class = products, courses or class appointments delivered via direct contact with a real tutor or real tutor’s services
Products = courses or products developed and/or delivered by BPME
Product duration/duration = the stated tutor contact hours for a private product or stated time of access to an online product
Product life span/life span = the stated maximum number of calendar weeks, months or years the client can access the product or course
Provider = BPME (Banfield’s Professional Medical English)
Teaching hour = 60 minutes real or virtual classroom contact with a tutor
Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) = how BPME online platform, administration and courses operate, including payment methods, tutors, appointments and cancellations, learning materials, etc.
Tutor = provider tutor assigned to a class or client course
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- The client must agree to the BPME Terms and Conditions before each payment. The client is responsible for reading, understanding and agreeing to the T&Cs.
- A copy of these T&Cs will be on the website
- These T&Cs may be updated from time to time.
Communication between Client and Provider
Communications between clients and provider will be through business emails or BPME Skype address provided on the BPME website.
Products and Payments
- Clients must pay IN FULL and IN ADVANCE of accessing provider products.
- A client payment applies ONLY to the product the client explicitly paid for and cannot be transferred or credited to another product. If the client wishes to change a product after purchase, they may request a refund (see points 18 and 19) then pay for the other product they want.
- Products paid for by one client cannot be transferred to another client.
- Payments will only be accepted through fund transfer methods stated by BPME – e.g. PayPal, credit card, direct transfer to BPME bank account.
- The fund transfer method’s acknowledgement of money transfer will be the client’s receipt. The client is responsible for downloading and saving their receipt.
- Products are for the duration stated on the website. A request by the client to extend a product beyond its duration will require the client to pay further fees.
- The product must be completed within the stated life span (e.g. for private courses, 12 consecutive calendar months from date of registration; for online courses 30 days from date of registration.) If the product is not completed within the life span because of actions of the client, the client forfeits the product and their payment cannot be credited to another extension, renewal or product, present or future.
- If a client cannot reasonably complete a product within its lifespan because of provider issues, the provider must issue a refund.
- If the client wishes special consideration for extending a product life span, they must communicate this in writing by email BEFORE the end of the product’s life span.
Private Coaching and Teaching
- Private class appointments are to be confirmed directly between client and tutor within 5 business days after client payment is received using an appointment system stated by the provider e.g. email, Calendly or other.
- Private classes can be rearranged by direct agreement between the client and the tutor.
- The client may request a change in a private appointment up to 24 hours before the class without penalty.
- If the client cancels less than 24 hours before a class, this counts as a class and the client will be charged the full class fee.
- If a tutor cancels a class, they must arrange an alternative appointment as soon as possible, directly with the client.
- If a tutor is unavailable for a class, a substitute tutor may be assigned, and the client informed in advance.
Cancellations, No Shows, Refunds and Penalties
- Refunds vary, depending on the circumstances. All refunds will be subject to a minimum U$15 processing fee, deducted from the refund amount.
- Refunds will be made only to the card or account used to pay for the product. The client is responsible for ensuring their account or card is active and can receive the refund.
- The client must send requests for refunds in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Either the client or the provider may cancel an entire private course up to one-week BEFORE the FIRST class. In this case, the client is entitled to refund of the course price MINUS processing fee of U$15 or 15% , whichever is greater.
- If a client cancels an entire private tutor course less than 5 days before the first class, they are charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- The client can cancel an online course and request a refund up to 10 days after paying for access to a course, provided you have not yet accessed the materials. All refunds will be subject to processing fee of U$15 or 15%, whichever is greater. If you would like a refund, please request in writing, via email, to email@example.com. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of the request. Other circumstances will be decided case by case.
- There will be no refunds on purchases after 30 days.
- If a tutor fails to show for a class without reasonable explanation or advance notice, the client is entitled to a free class.
- If a private client is more than 15 minutes late for a class without notice, the tutor may abandon the class OR complete the class on the same schedule, at the tutor’s discretion.
- If a private client fails to show for an appointment without notice, this counts as a class and the client will be charged the teaching fee.
Paid and Free Access to Products
- If a client cancels a course, complimentary access to bonus products will also be cancelled.
- If a client behaves in a manner judged a serious breach in access, use or conduct, the provider reserves the right to cancel the client’s access to the platform.
Copying, Altering and/or Distribution of BPME Materials
The BPME trademark holder reserves all rights to original materials contained in this course. Clients and users may not copy, alter, share or redistribute any of the original materials from BPME courses in hard or digital form, for commercial or promotional purposes, without
expressed written consent of the owner.